Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Free Number flash Cards with Ten's Frames

I am so blessed to have such a great class this school year, however this past week was super challenging.  It seemed like all of my kiddos were already on break and moved at a snail's pace when doing their work (except when it was time to play, they can sure move fast then!).  I'm so glad winter break is finally here!  *sigh of relief*  This is wonderful!  Then REALITY sets in.  There's lots more to do!  It's my own doing though.  I absolutely LOVE teaching, but it also means work never ends and when I am on break it means I need to catch up on my own personal life and chores that have been neglected, hehe!

I wanted to share 3 craft projects that I did with my class this past week.

This santa project was inspired by Mrs. Lee Kindergarten.  I loved this project because each Santa came out completely different. 


We used white tempera paint to create this Santa Handprint Ornament.  Make sure the paint it THICK and not runny.  You can also use acrylic paint instead.  Paint on white paint onto each child's hand and have them hold the ornament like a ball, gently of course.  We then used permanent markers to add details to our snowman.  I've used window markers as well and they worked perfectly fine.  I usually buy my frosty ornaments from K-mart (Jaclyn Smith Brand).  

Here's the poem I usually include with this gift.  

These aren't just five snowmen
As anyone can see.
I made them with my hand
Which is a part of me.
Now each year when you trim the tree
You'll look back and recall
Christmas of 2012
When my hand was just this small!




We also learned the letter Ll and made a cute ladybug out of uppercase L. Check out my alphabet letter art  page on pinterest for more craft ideas.  

Lastly, in class we are learning our numbers 1-20.  I was getting tired of my handmade number flashcards and finally got around to making some on the computer.  These flash cards include numbers 0-40 with 10's frames beneath each number. I usually use these number cards for whole group or small group instruction. We use these for games, centers, flash cards, etc. There are many possibilities for these cards. All you have to do is print and laminate!  

They look like this:  



I wanted to share them with you!  Click any of the number cards above or click here to get them for free on my TPT page.  If you download them, would you kindly leave a rating and/or comment on my TPT or on my blog :)




1 comment:

  1. Love the ornaments and the freebie!!! Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete